Featured

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Rocker Chic

2 weeks ago I started this style guidance series, If you want to know how to achieve TomBoy Chic or Boho Chic the words are hyper-linked to the articles. I think since I post this series every Thursday, we can call it Thursday chic or something I am not sure though. Today's post is the rocker chic, being a rock fan and a former metal head groupie I know what I am talking about. This look has been adopted by lots of celebrities over different eras, such as Avril Lavigne and Taylor Momsen. Celebs like Miley Cyrus, Kate Moss and Gwen Stephani have tried their luck with rocker chic. I usually just mention Clothing, shoes and accessories, however this time I need to mention a little bit of make up because it's rocker chic. Here the 5 things to start with your rocker chic look.

Concert T-shirts

I have mentioned them in the TomBoy Chic and I personally love them. Rock chic first  rule is a concert t-shirt, even if you wear it on a floral skirt you will end up looking edgy and cool. I am not sure if you can get it easily in Egypt, you can print your favorite band logo or album cover on a T-shirt.

Skinny Jeans
If you are going for the rock edgy chic, your jeans needs to be the tightest, preferably darker washes and preferably ripped. This one from H&M is really rocker like with it's leathery looking. The more ripped and dark you jeans are, the more rock chic you are.

Biker Jacket 

They keep you warm, they are so trendy and you can throw them on practically anything to look edgy. Personally I have never been convinced that leather jackets can come in any colors but black, all that mint and purple stuff are not for me. When it comes to rock chic, black is your best friend. A red leather jacket might have been hot if we were in the 90's.  

Dark Makeup
You don't have to go all panda eyes like Taylor Momsen, unless you like that look of course. You can pull off the best beauty trends and still looking edgy and hard rock. Smokey eyes, winged eyeliner, dark lipstick, dark nail polish and crazy mascara. Rock chic looks can pull off dark lips and dark eyes, you can of course go dark on only one side. 

Studded boots
Personally I am the kind of girl who likes a pair of plain combat boots, however my rock chic flame has been put out a little bit. I love how studs and spikes are so in right now, because they have always been a definition of rock chic. You can get variety of spikes and studs on your dark boots, you can go girly with these heeled ones from Nine West and Charlotte Russe, or you can go a little bit more practical with these from Aldo and Burberry. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More