Featured

Tuesday 14 January 2014

The TomBoy chic

So this is like a new little series I am planning to start here on my blog. I feel like most of the time I choose what's best of me or what goes well with my personal style, mostly that would leave some people out.  The first thing I am featuring is Tom Boy, I was a tom boy girl for a good amount of time in my teenage years. It can be chic and very well put together. I think it's great to go with tomboy chic if you are looking to change things a little bit. It's great also for not so girly girls to know how to put together outfits where they can feel comfortable in their own skin. This is a strict fashion post, do tell me if you me to add some hair & makeup for tomboy looks. Here are the 5 things you can do to pull off TomBoy chic.

Boyfriend Jeans
They were they hottest thing last summer and runways say that they will be hot at least till next season. The great thing about boyfriend jeans is that they are really comfy. Most of the time they are distressed, however you can get your hands on a regular pair like this H&M one. Put your own twist on it and be creative, I really love this Pull & Bear one because it has checkered fabric underneath the ripped areas.

Parka Jacket
The whole military camouflage trend is so in right now, for non political reasons. Parka Jackets are a great way to stay warm and fuzzy. Usually Parka are hooded with a trim line of fur, always go faux ofcourse. This one by New Look is the typical Parka. You can go for an even more simple look with something like the  H&M parks or amplify the look with different fabric like this one from Forever 21.

Oversized Jumpers
Weather it's knit or cotton, an oversized jumper is a must to pull off that tomboy look. Other than being in right now, an oversized jumper is all about coziness and comfort. The stripped one from H&M does really say tomboy, narrow strips scream tomboy. Neutral colors and monochromatic tones are best, also having a cartoon character or a brand name is great way to add some boyish charm to the outfit.

Band T-shirts

These are a personal favorite, I think they are super stylish, they look hard core and they add a personal touch to your style. You can find a guy easily wearing his favorite band t-shirt, however it would be really rare to find a girl doing so. It's so unique and stylish, it's truly tomboy. Here I have simply listed my favorite bands.

Sneakers


Last but not least, a pair of flat sneakers. Hightop sneakers like this one from forever 21 are a great way to unleash the tomboy within. Converse and vans are the official sponsor of any casual / boyish look. Go with monochromatic and neutral colors and avoid any bright colors. No true tomboy will ever wear heels so forget the wedge sneakers, they aren't a good idea anyway. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More