Featured

Saturday 18 January 2014

Ciaté Colorfoil Nail kit review

I got the beautiful creative Colorfoil nail kit from Ciate, Click here to read all about the collection. I have been experimenting with it for quite a while now, different patterns and base coats. I have also made a little usage guide right here. I am not that much of a nail person, however I have to say this kit is so much fun. This is one of the looks that I have made using the base coat “Pepperminty” that came with the kit and the Golden foil sheet, the look is inspired by Dulce & Gabanna S/S 2014. I decided to have a little review on it.

The Good:
It’s very creative and versatile, you can have everything on your nails from runway chic to 70’s disco crazy. The quality of the nail polish and the kit from Ciate is unquestionable. I love that you can use any base coat, makes it much more interesting with different colors underneath. 

The Bad:
I thought that the nail wheel are fake nails to apply over your nails, little that I know they are not. They are just some gorgeous plastic nails of the same size that are actually useless. That was kind of a disappointment.
 
The Ugly:
If you forget to apply the clear nail polish, the glue will collect all the dust in the world on your nails. Without clear nail polish, your nails will look horrible within 2-3 hours. You need to reapply your clear nail polish everyday if you want your nail art to stay more than one day, which is not practical at all.


It is a fun one time purchase, to jazz up any dull outfit you have. If you are big on nails person or not, you will enjoy it. It does require some maintenance though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More