Featured

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Revlon Color Stay 16 hours eye shadow quad Review

Today I am reviewing the Revlon Color Stay 16 hours eye shadow quad.  Revlon has several versions, I have this one which is 520 brazen. This is how it looked like when I first got it. The picture is not mine of course because mine is all used up. This was one of the products in the starter makeup kit. I have had this a while and I thought I would give you a little review of is it all about. It has 4 shimmery colors in these squares, and this little sponge eye applicator. It's @ 130 EGP.

Here are the swatches for 3 of the colors, the 4th color unfortunately is no longer with us. It was a dark brown color.

The Good:
These colors have divine Pigmentation, really strong. Look at the swatches, I just touched the shadows and BAM instant strong color. The variety of colors is great to create many looks on its own or with the assistance of external eye shadows. This quad has colors than can take a look from day to night very easily.  I also discovered that applying these shadows with damp brush make the colors pop even more and stay on.  The shadows are very soft, I haven’t had any fall outs with them. Never have I ever had these shadows on and went home with them fading, I am not sure about 16 hours but I can grantee at 10 hours. There is this little guide to where to put the shades on the back of the package, which is great for beginners and it creates a really pretty look.

The Bad:
As you can see I have lost two shadows of the quad in a year, which means that it’s not the best when it comes to hectic traveling. Personally I buy these small quads to keep in my hand bag for work or traveling and this one failed in standing that test.

The Ugly:
The Pan itself that holds the shadows suddenly got detached from the packaging itself, which eventually caused me losing two shades. When I looked up the pan I have found that it wasn’t installed strong enough. Now I have a little fantastic quad that is travel sensitive as you can see.


For me the product quality is too good for this packaging. If I was Revlon I would change the packaging.
It’s not a repurchase for me, because I like my little quad to be travel friendly.
I would recommend it for anybody who is starting with makeup, or someone who is really careful with their makeup, or someone who doesn't move their makeup out of their vanity a lot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More