Featured

Saturday 8 February 2014

How to treat dry dark elbows

I have had this problem for the best part of my adult life, like 5 or 6 years and I discovered the solution when I was 21 so you do the math. I know it's really annoying and embarrassing, you can't really wear sleeveless or half sleeve tops without having to worry about dark dry elbows. I have tried several stuff and NON of them worked, some of them would work for dryness then a week later it's ever drier. So I discovered a little routine that actually surprised me, my measure of how much something work is my mother's reaction. The woman asked me what did I do and thought that my elbows are looking better than hers -hers are perfect btw-. So without further ado here is the magical stuff.
 
Before The shower
When I dry brush my skin, I focus on my elbows. I use my dry brush in a circular move directing it towards my heat in focus on my elbows only. I repeat on each elbow for 10-15 times, in a firm manner. This is supposed to remove some of the dead skin off the elbows, this dead skin is what is causing the dryness and darkness. 

During The shower
I use my loofah in focus of my elbows and rub it on each elbow a couple of types. Then I use my scrubbing rock -I believe the name is pumice-, this thing are amazing. I move the scrubbing rock in a circular motion like the dry brush from before the shower, however I am a little more gentle with it because it's different that the dry brush. If you are from the middle east, chances are you mother already know where to get these stuff. Use a separate one because germs and dead skin is personal. 

After The shower
I get a lemon and rub it a little bit on the area before getting dressed on anything. This helps is whitening  sterilizing the areas. After I am done with whatever I do after my shower, I apply my Vaseline Cocoa skin moisture lotion, these stuff are amazing stuff. Sometimes I would apply the body butter instead of the lotion, if it happens to be winter. 

Regular Maintenance
I try not to put my elbows on any table or desk, that way I don't have the weight of my upper body on them and not exhausting them. Before I leave the house and before I go to sleep, I always apply my Vaseline cocoa skin moisture lotion or butter. 

I hope you guys enjoyed these tips, they really worked for me and I hope they work for you as well. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More