Featured

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Garnier BB cream for oily skin

I got this a couple of months ago in my New Year's Haul. I got this after I heard it's a new release after the regular one failed miserably. It's made in France, the packaging is totally different than the original one. This one is longer and thinner. It says very clearly on the packaging for "combination to oily skin", also there is the statement "miracle skin perfector". Mine is in the shade "Medium", I believe there is another shades named "Light".I have been applying this for my everyday makeup instead of foundation and I have quite a lot to say about it.


The Good:
 
As soon as you buff it on your skin or even finger spread it, this BB cream has a velvety finish on the skin. It's very light weight and smooth. As you can see in the before and after picture, It gives this healthy natural glow to the skin. In the picture as well, it shows that it has medium to light coverage. I think the coverage on this is great for a BB cream. When I apply a matte primer underneath, I don't get oily and I get pretty long stay with it. It stays on for a pretty long time, I would wear it at 8 am and it stays on till 8 pm. The shade goes great with my skin, as you can see blended on my wrist; it looks kind of the same. All in all it makes you look like you have enhanced your skin. Finally this product is @ 44 EGP which is very affordable.


The Bad:
As you can see in the swatch, this BB cream has a very runny consistency. I am not used to this kind of consistency and it's a little hard to deal with. The packaging is upside down and the product itself is very liquidy which causes a lot of waste to the product. If I wear it and have to make a phone call right away, it would leave a mark on my phone.

The Ugly:
Let me just make it clear, I don't expect my BB cream to make my skin better or anything. There was a promise -which I didn't believe- on the packaging that with use it makes skin better, and it didn't. So the product promised something and didn't fulfill it. If you apply this BB cream with no primer underneath, you will start getting oily in the T zone after 3-4 hours.

For me I am still not sure if I am going to repurchase it or not, however I would recommend it for someone with drier skin. I have normal cheeks and oily T zone, so you can call me kind of combination. I would still recommend a BB cream for everyday use instead of foundation. xx

1 comments:

Thanks for the help Hadeer, I'm using it for more than a month now and don't know if I'll repurchase it as well. Yet, it's defiantly better than using foundations daily.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More