Featured

Thursday 6 February 2014

Business Chic

I am so excited because this is actually starting to be an actual series. A little guide to the basics that you can put together and create a certain look. We've already talked about TomBoy ChicBoho Chic and Rocker Chic. This Thursday I am talking about something more broad, Business chic. I know that every work place has their own dress code of course, my friends who work for advertising agencies can go wearing anything. More corporate places require more smart casual look or even formal look. All in all the name Business Chic is all about the formal look. I personally think it's very flattering and polished, so here are the 6 essentials for Business Chic.

Blazer

Maybe the term blazer can be a little bit broad if you are a fashion freak like me, however most people know regular blazers that are work friendly are everywhere. Boyfriend blazers are not really applicable to be called Business Chic, however you can wear them in the office. Personally I have this one from H&M and it is my go to blazer at work when I am in doubt, however you can get some patterns or colors to spice up your formal look. 

Button Up

Usually people would tell you wear a classic crisp white shirt, however I feel like this is too restricting. Any dressy button up you have will do, especially if you are someone who tries to spices up their look a little bit while still looking formal and serious. Popular fabrics are chiffon and silk. Something with ruffles like this one from Ralph Lauren is a perfect example of keeping your attire formal and feminine in the same time. 

Pencil Skirt

I love wearing pencil skirts, I honestly feel like my waist is smaller and my legs are longer as soon as I put one on. The lovely thing about pencil skirts is that they are very feminine yet very formal, you can wear them on any simple button up and you will look put together. Of course the length is according to ones preferences, however if we are talking Business Chic then your pencil skirt can't be above your knees. 

Work Pants

Their name usually is "Slacks", which means dressy pants. There is something called Cigarette pants like this one from Monsoon, which is kind of like the skinny pants of dressy pants. They are super formal, practical and they look good on almost everybody, also they come in handy in case one day you are not feeling like it could be a skirt day at the office.  

Leather Tote

Buy the largest tote bag you can find, personally I have everything with me when I am going to work. I have my little lunch box, a small makeup bag, sometimes I even have flats for after work and my tote is my best friend. As you can see I have chosen neutral colors, because if you are going to invest in a bag you need it to match all your business outfits.

Court Shoes

Court shoes are pumps with a lower heel, they are not kitten heels and they are not sky scrapers. You know at work you can wear flats or whatever, however the real business look require a pair of court shoes in a neutral color or in black. They go with skirts and any pants cut, also they look nice and they are relatively comfortable compared to other heeled shoes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More