Featured

Monday 21 April 2014

Style Profile: Yasmin Abdou

A Lady like style is always mentioned when vintage style is mentioned. Rarely do we find young ladies who take the real Lady look and modernize it in our days. Today's Style Profile is a true stylish lady, Yasmin Abdou. Yasmin is a 24 year old UN intern, she  is the petite modern version of a lady; somewhere between Faten Hamama and Audrey Hepburn. How do you think Yasmin pulls off that look? Here is how ..

Modern Grace Kelly
Dress: Zara
Jacket: Belgium
Shoes: Charles & Keith  
Earrings: Belgium
Bag: Charles & Keith
A dress like this screams vintage lady; the blue lace and the cut are very feminine. Adding a leather jacket to a dress like this modernizes it while still keeping it classy. 
My Style Icons ...
Grace Kelly and Faten Hamama, because you will always find them dressed very elegantly yet simply. 
 I would Describe my personal style as ...
Very feminine, elegant and classy. As soon as I enter a store, I am immediately drawn to the classical pieces. I notice most of today's girls are all about looking sexy in an "your face sort of way", but for me it's always better to keep it classy and old fashioned. 

Grungy Floral
Top: Zara
Leggings: Zara
Shoes: Zara
Shades: Tiffany & Co.
Adding a mismatching piece such leather leggings will elevate the look. Minimal to no jewelry gives the stage to the fabric clash between silk and leather. 
I love shopping ...
Zara, wherever I go I have to check what Zara has. And when shopping for dresses I like to go to Karen Millen. I also have a thing for British fashion stores such as Top Shop, Oasis, Debenhams and Miss Selfridge. 
My Signature Pieces ..
FLOWERS, I have so many floral clothes that whenever any of my friends see a floral piece they say that's what Yasmin would wear. 

Oriental Chic
Vest: Nazeeka
Dress: H&M
Shoes: Belgium 
Designers in Egypt ...
I love buying from Egyptian designers like Nazeeka, but I always want to see them make unique pieces. If they offer the same designs that I can find in chain stores like Zara and H&M, they usually offer them for more money hence making the chain stores more appealing. 
My favorite Colors ...
I love bold colors so much, I even wore some neons last summer. You would never see me wearing something totally monochrome, I have to have my little pop of color. 

Classy Breathe
Top: H&M
Bag: Parfois
Pants: H&M
Scarf: H&M
Shoes: Zara (Spain)

Many chain stores such as H&M are recreating the timeless classics from Hermes & Versace, like this scarf.
My Style Inspiration...
Everything Vintage ... I love watching Black & White movies and getting inspired, I flip through my grandmas' pictures and get inspired by her outfits. I always feel like these styles suit my personality.

Taking the Night
Dress: Zara
Clutch Debenhams
Shoes: Zara
This Spring ...
Taking out my mini skirts and mini dresses, going to more bold colors and more floral prints of course. 

Coffee & Creme
Skirt: Zara
Boots: Belgium 
Cardigan: Mango
Bag: Micheal Kors
My makeup ...
I have a lipstick collection because I am obsessed with strong colors that stand out, mostly reds and pinks. Other than that, I wear makeup mostly on occasions only. 
Feminine & Warm
Coat: Italy
Boots: Belgium 
Bag: Micheal Kors
My style advice ..
Not to be copies of each other basically. I mean there came a time when everyone was wearing the Long Champ bag and the polo shirt over and over again for example. Also, don't focus on what's high end or what's low end, focus on what suits you and buy it. 

That's it for today's Style Profile .. Yasmin has been very helpful and amazingly stylish. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More