Featured

Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Shampoo tested "Rainforest moisture"

So this is what happened with my body shop shampoo "Rainforest moisture"; I have received many comments on my Shampoo discovery article. If you're a first time reader, I started to use sulfate free shampoo from the body shop named "Rainforest moisture". I was so happy to see that many people realized the fact and actually started to change it. As I promised I will give a review on the shampoo, now it's the time. To be honest I am not done with the whole bottles, however I am almost done with the conditioner and the shampoo is just a little bit more.
Before I start with the my review on the shampoo, I need to give myself an applause because ... a couple of days ago I found the popular Dina tokio, actually including the"Rainforest moisture" shampoo as a feb/march 2013 favorites. Maybe she read about it on Style & Stuff .... *laughs loudly but secretly hopes for it*.
Now for the real thing, the review of The body shop "Rainforest moisture" shampoo and conditioner. First of all, I'd be lying and anybody would be lying if they tell you that 40 days usage of a products can make them go from frumpy hair to fantastic hair, however the usage has gradual improvement on the hair. The shampoo did have lather when massaged into a scalp with some water, unlike what was written in the reviews. The smell actually isn't your usual cherry fluffy shampoo stuff; however it doesn't smell bad at all just a plain smell and it's not strong at all. After I rinse off my shampoo and right before I use my conditioner I can feel my hair tight, not dry but tight, it didn't bother me but I never go out of the shower with no shampoo.  The thing is that I have dandruff, I know *ewww* I am fixing it and I'll write all about it very soon. Short story long the shampoo doesn't help with dandruff at all, it's not supposed to as it's not on the label that it cures dandruff or anything, it's just that it doesn't do anything to the dandruff. Heads up, if you have dandruff use something else beside that shampoo to take care of your flakes *may we lose them very soon*. The conditioner; that I use a whole lot of is great same thing about the smell and the dandruff thing. One day my stylist asked me if I washed my hair and I told her yes, she was like your hair isn't greasy but these are natural oils all over your hair. My guess is that since the grease cutter AKA sulfate was removed my hair was free to produce it's own natural oils and it feed itself. The stylist even told me that she thought I had oily hair, The stylist isn't related to body shop in any means. I leave a little bit of the conditioner in my hair whenever I shower except if I am going to straighten my hair which I think helped a little bit more. It didn't kill the frizz; it trimmed the frizz; I feel my curls are getting more bouncy and my hair is getting softer. My hair grew out a little bit like 3-4 cm at most, according to the stylist who trims my hair every 2 months. I had a problem with the volume of my curls, not that I don't like volume; but my hair is really short and having a big volume makes me look like I have an boyish Afro not a curly bob. The volume is also trimmed now, I don't know how but I really like that I went from Courtney Cox AKA Monica in the frizzy hair episode on "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" to Julia Roberts in "The Mexican". My second and third day hair are looking good as well which is great to me in the cold weather. Would I buy it again? I would buy sulfate free shampoo and conditioner again of course, in fact I will never use other sulfate products even again. Would I buy rain forest shampoo from the body shop again? I would buy it, however as you may know by now from reading my blog I am curios and don't go by rules, I will buy it and use it, I will also look up other sulfate, silicon and parabens free products. It worked for me, it might not work for other people. I would totally update you if I start using other sulfate free shampoos or conditioners, I am always behind the best and I am always curious what can I get more on my money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More