Featured

Thursday 28 March 2013

A weekend in Maadi


My wonderful Friend Hadeer Taha from Tamara's Blue Jeans Blog and I decided to put October weekend chic head to head with Maadi weekend chic. Get ready to check out both blogs and decide where are you spending your weekend and what will you wear for it! You can comment below with your opinion if you wanna vote for Maadi. 
 In this article, you will find about my favorite (the best) places to go around to spend a day around Maadi and How to dress up yourself, makeup and hair ..Enjoy!

Spending day time in Maadi can be really nice, I personally like to walk my dog in the morning enjoy some sun while getting myself to walk/jog a little bit. My dog name is Fat7i and he is a white one year old Griffon .. that's him. I would enjoy a brunch in Maadi with friends mostly in road.9 for the amount of options offered in there. TBS is really a good place there is a nice little crowd always in the weekend and they serve fresh food. I would also go to Bikya in the morning it's very colorful and hip; gives a good spirit to start the day, you can look at their used book selection, they also play some really nice music which is what everyone needs in the weekend. If you're into a heavy breakfast, go to Lucille's for some American egg muffins and pancakes. I like walking to get my desert, my go to places in Maadi would be non other than, NOLA cupcakes or La Gourmandise  for macroons and cakes. I would go to Bowling and More in Bandar in the afternoon or Family Land for some ice scatting. For shopping I would do it in the afternoon before places get crowded like hell, my go to place would be Maadi City Centre  AKA Carrefour, or what  I like to call our City Stars and let me tell you why is it better than city stars, you get stuff done without losing your way and it has all what you need Zara, The body shop, H&M, Splash, Terranova, Aldo, Vero Moda...etc. A really good place to shop for authentic books is Al Kotob Khan in Laselky road, the place is original and cozy; also the people who are there aren't regular sales people, they know genres and authors and they actually have some books that some chains don't have. If you're up to buy some authentic goods head to Kaf Fatma in Degla, they sell Egyptian designer's accessories and home goodies.
For the day I chose a hippie comfy dress, and to mismatch it i put on it a denim vest. I chose an ankle boots because ... I am crazy and when I am out walking my dog a pair of wedges or sandals won't really help me running. A big simple bag for all the stuff that I need for the day. Jewelry is very minimal just a skull minimal necklace and a bangle. Sunglasses is a must cause the sun hurts my eyes, and a floral scent for the day. I keep my hair in a bun just because it's easier really. As you have noticed tinted moisturizer SPF for the sun to avoid looking like you have too much makeup in the morning, some sheer finish powder and illuminating bronzer for a natural looking cheek bones. As for the eyes matte nude colors with white pencil and clear mascara/ brow gel. My lips are getting lip smacker and that's it.

If you're a Maadi resident you know that we don't have a nightlife, however we have some stuff that we can do before 1 AM at least. It really depends on your mood; what Maadi can offer ranges in budget and mood. A new place in Maadi is called ElRaseef, it's captivating a new spirit which is underground singers and simple seating; mostly events start at 7ish or 8ish. If you are craving Sheesha and some food you can go to El Shader in Degla, Arabic seating, the waiters are dressed in Jalbya, the food is really good, sheesha is nice and the menu is written in franko arab. Pottery and Mugshot in Road 9. are also nice options if you are welling to pay at least 100 EGP, beware of the underage mania in the weekend. If you're like me and don't like to be bothered with money and crowded place there is a place in Zharaa El Maadi where you can get your drinks and sheesha in your car it's called Rock and Roll. As for all you Drinkers and party animals out there don't come to Maadi, other than Villa 55 there is only one bar called Red Onion that doesn't have a dance floor and it gets really crowded with weird people in the weekend. You can find family Chinese restaurants all over Maadi if you have an empty stomach and you're low on cash mostly in Nerco and Degla, I have to warn you it's not fancy at all. If you are up to a big bite and have some cash on you I would recommend Euro Deli's burgers & wedges in Degla, Lucille's burgers in road 9. and Vinny's Pizza.
If you're metropolitan kind of a person you can go to Spectra or Roastery enjoy big portions of food in a nice seating and nice music. If you're a hopeless romantic like me, you can have a nice date in Maadi. A personal favorite for me is Peking, not the one on the Nile, the other one, it's a cozy little place that serves the regular Peking menu with candles and soft music. There also a great place for Swiss food named little Swiss, The owner is a Swiss lady and it's not crowded at all. Up for some sushi, your regular Mori Sushi is in Road 9. but I recommend Fuego in Bandar building, it's rarely crowded and the food is good, can be a great date as well. After 1 AM you go to the movies, I would avoid Family Cenima on the weekend, Al Bandar has good options; it was one of the few places to show Hala2 La wain last winter.

For the night I chose a pair of skinny jeans and a peplum top because it flatters my shape, in burgundy because it really suits my skin. A structured blazer, open toed pumps and tinted leather bag all in black gives sophistication to the look. Jewelry will be just a statement necklace and the scent is Elizabeth Arden 5th avenue nights because it's sweet. For my short curly hair, I leave it down and simple. Make up is everything, primer, foundation, loose powder, concealer, bronzer, blusher and for the eyes shimmery nude colors and a winged eye liner with volume mascara. Again my lips are only getting lip balm. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More