Featured

Friday 6 December 2013

The body shop concealer pencil review

I got the concealer pencil back in August in the shade 03, it costed me 75 EGP. It was the first time for me to try a pencil concealer, I usually go for the liquidy types. When I did hear that liquidy concealers are supposed to be under eye concealers and the blemishes are best hidden through a harder concealer I went ahead and bought this. We're now in December so I think I have had my fair share of trials to give this a full review.

The Good: This concealer is great for oily skin because it doesn't leave any shine even though it's creamy and thick. It has a velvety feeling which is kind of new to me when it comes to concealers. One thing though that it stays for hours and I do mean HOURS. I did my whole face with in my Sugar Skull Halloween makeup and it stayed on my face for the whole party. It does a pretty good job hiding redness.

The Bad: You have to buy the giant sharpener from the body shop with this concealer, because it's the pencil is very big and it's hard to find a sharpener that big. I got pissed because I stayed looking for the sharpener for 3 weeks then when I did buy it, I discovered I had a Rimmel one that works just fine for the pencil. So basically you will be paying an extra 30 EGP for this concealer just because it doesn't really work without the sharpener, the crazy thing is that the sharpener actually sucks and my Rimmel one works much better. The concealer actually when applied it's so thick, it will skip your pores when you are applying it so you need to blend it very well.

The Ugly: One horrible thing is, it doesn't conceal blemishes at all ... like you put it on and nothing it feels like you just whitened your dark spot. it very hard to apply, so it's never recommended under your eyes. It actually can cause wrinkles if not applied with a brush, which means you will need more products just for this weak product to work.

For me it's definitely not a repurchase for me.I actually gave it a lot of chances, however the bad is overcoming the good. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More