Featured

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Eyelash curler 101

Eyelash curlers are these little devices usually comes with scissors like handles. Claiming to actually curl your lashes like many mascaras do, believe it or not these devices have a better chance of being honest rather than these mascara ads. This is not a review for a certain brand or anything, I have used one then I bought the Oriflame one which I have been using for 10 days. It is working fine so far, however this is more like an intro to Eyelash Curlers. It is a great thing, curling the lashes makes your eyes look bigger and adding mascara gives a nice look.

There are 3 different types of Eyelash Curlers:

Plastic

The plastic ones has many bad reviews, no matter what brand they are. I haven't seen an actual plastic one in real life, however I have read bad online reviews and my best friend told me about her bad experience. They have so many different shapes like these shown in the picture, all of them snap after too much usage. It has also been said that it pinches eyelids on the way which causes bruising and lashes chopping.

Heated

This one also have different shapes, they have a switch for heating. The idea of having heat that near to my eyes isn't very appealing to be honestly. Injuries can be bad, just because I wanted curled eyelashes I don't want to end up with a bruise on my eye. Too much usage of this can lead to lashes thinning and falling out. They are little bit on the expensive side as they do have a technological edge. They do give a better and more permanent curl.

Mechanical Metal

This is the type I actually own currently, it can be completely made out of metal, it can have plastic or rubber handle as well as a rubber or plastic pincher coating. This one is the least scary for me and the one that has better reviews online, depending on the brand and quality of course. Mine was very cheap, however it is nice. You can work around the fact that it's not heated, if you want an extra pump to your lashes. With your hair dryer set it on high and direct it to the pincher for a couple of minutes. Because it's metal it doesn't break off as easily as the plastic one, and it's not as expensive as the heated one. Personally I recommend using the mechanical metal curler for safety reasons. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More