Featured

Tuesday 13 May 2014

How to look good in Photos with makeup - Part 2 (Eyes & Lips)

Last time we discussed everything on how to adjust your face makeup to look good in photos. Click Here to check out everything from primer to blush. The crazy thing for makeup on camera, eyes mostly look frosty, brows look like they are fading and lips mostly look either over done or washed out. The reason why I split this, is that I felt like it would have been the longest post in the world and we don't want that.

Eye Shadow

I have tried a lot of shadows and I have tried to take various pictures with them. The more shimmer there is in the shadow, the more frosty and undefined my eyes would look on camera. I would have a great smokey eye going on in real life and them BAM shimmery frost going on. I would recommend using matte shadows and one or two shimmery colors for the center of your lid and brow bone. Most of the eyeshadow palettes would have one or two matte shadows, L'Oreal hip has matte duos where you can have the smokey color and transition color completely matte.

Liner 
In real life you can get away with a messed up eyeliner flick or thin line on one eye and a thick line on the other eye or maybe even a little print of the eyeliner on the lid. Get your eyeliner together, if you aren't sure of your flick ; then go for a smaller flick or no flick at all. The best eyeliner I used was elf cream eyeliner, it's super creamy and it stays on forever.

Lashes
  
I know loading on mascara can make lashes look great, but whenever you are taking a photo in a big event that flash will make you look like you have half the lashes you actually have. Faux lashes can be scary, but they are not for every day use so they might be fun and interesting. The single lashes are great for a natural look, but if you are a beginner like me I recommend the strip band. The ARDELL Demi wispies look natural and great.

Brows

I have thick brows and seriously on camera it looks like I have thinner brows, if they are not filled in. I tried felling them with henna and the looked good on camera, but it was kind of high maintenance having to go to the salon weekly. I fill them in with an angled brush and a brown shadow, there are brow kits like the elf one that has the gel and everything.


Lips
 make sure to have your lips lined and get a a glossy lip color. A shimmery gloss will appear very frosty on camera, matte lips might look dry on camera. I find the Lippies from butter London is the right product on camera, it's highly pigmented and it has a slight gloss in it.

So that's how you look good in pictures using only makeup, don't forget to pose! xx

2 comments:

I did not know about the brow kit,
I usually fill in with a brown eyeliner :|
Where can I buy them?

Brown eye shadow and eyeliner is just as good as the brow kit and you can move it up by adding some clear brow gel.
The elf brow kit is not available in Egypt, but you can either order it online through their website or amazon or one of the pages that sells makeup online like https://www.facebook.com/MakeupEgypt

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More