Featured

Thursday 8 May 2014

Building your wardrobe: 15 essentials accessories for women

I know that the last post of this series was forever ago and I am guilty. This Building your wardrobe series mentions all the stables to a timeless chic wardrobe. Click Here to see the 15 shoes essentials, which was my first post of the series. Clairee Belcher once said " The difference between us and animals is our ability to accessorize", as dramatic as this sounds it's really accessorizing that changes outfits. There are too many options out there, I have summed up the basic can't live without accessories.

Black Leather Belt
When I was younger I didn't release how crucial it is to have a belt, I was that teenager who has to adjust her pants every 10 minutes. A black basic leather belt will go with any pants you have, also depending on how thick the belt is . you can wear it above a cardigan for an extra stylish mile.
Brown Leather Belt
By now you probably know that whenever you have anything leather in black, you have to have it in brown. The looks that are more boho or earthy will go best with a brown belt, also you get to match your shoes or bag if you are wearing brown leather one day.
Decorative Scarf
I have so many, I am obsessed with having a scarf with me when I am going out. A decorative scarf can make any basic look much more interesting, it also doubles as a shawl to cover up cleavage or arms.  Go for a nice neutral print, so you can match it with different outfits.
Diamond / Crystal Studs
A pair of diamond studs are an essential for any lady's closet, if diamond will break your bank; your second best option is crystal. I can see myself wearing a pair of diamond / crystal studs anywhere with any outfit.
Statement Earrings
A pair of big earrings will totally turn heads, especially if you have your hair up. I would have more than just one pair, but I think if you have to own just one pair; it should go with what you have in your closet. 
Dainty Necklace
A girlie simple necklace is really essential because it adds a personal touch to your look. You can wear something with a pendent like this one from Guess or a pearl one like the one from Love 21, according to your personal style.
Statement Necklace
Sometimes all what you need is a statement necklace and you are good to go. I think that we are no more limited to a choice between gold or silver, Caroline Channing got away with wearing a statement pearl necklace for 3 seasons of "2 broke girls". 
Diamond / Crystal Bracelet
Again, wear your crystal proud if you won't go for diamond. A diamond / crystal bracelet can be worn alone, with a watch or with other jewelry. The key here is to wear it effortlessly, like it's a part of your hands.
Cuff
When I was younger I always used to think that a cuff needs to be a tall and chunky piece, things have changed a lot. A nice cuff bracelet will always look nice on your wrist. If you need to skip the gold Vs silver, go with something a neutral color like this one from Forever 21.
Statement Ring 
Even if you are not a ring person,you need to have at least one ring. A nice statement ring to twirl around your fingre can be a great way to go with your manicure. Statement doesn't have to be gypsy, this one from TopShop is very girlie and still makes quite a statement.

Girlie Hair Clip
Who doesn't like to have something nice in their hair. A sparkly clip like the ones from Accessorize and Claire's are very cute, if you are someone who doesn't like sparkle; the floral option like this one from New Look is another great option.
Beanie
A beanie in a neutral color will keep your head warm in the winter and can hide a bad hair day while running errands. A loose beanie is kind of great to stuff all your hear in, but I really see a lot of tight beanies that can work great as an accessory.
Leather Gloves
Let's face it, leather is the best way to keep yourself warm. I have chosen to showcase a variety of black leather gloves, because I think black is the most classic color that goes with everything.
Metal Watch 
Since mixing silver and gold is no longer an issue, a metallic watch is a great stable accessory. I couldn't help myself to put a small watch, because they are kind of hard to find.
Umbrella
 I love walking in the rain, just not when I have my hair blow dried and a face full of makeup. I would high recommend a black umbrella, or something with a daring print that has neutral colors ;like this hound tooth one from Forever 21 or the floral one from Mango.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More