Featured

Friday 3 May 2013

Tweenage years style inspirations


This a nostalgic/fun post, I do realize I wrote tweenage, tween is the pre-teenage years; from 10 to 13. I am quite young right now I am 21 so these years were 10 years ago at least that means we are talking 2003, 2004, 2005. Before anything was anything, we were listening to music through the radio, waiting for video clips on Zen, Melody hits and Mazzika. Watching movies on MBC1, MBC2 and LBC. I didn't have a cell phone at the beginning and when I got one, I used to send cute messages with hearts to my friends. When going to McDonald's alone was a blast, and we waited for the school trip to dream park. When we did naughty stuff with friends to go to detention together and skip the classes. These days I was getting style inspirations from totally different place, I didn't know Vogue existed, the internet was yahoo and msn chat with friends to me and I worshiped these ...

Katia Harb


Katia Harb was like an amazing muse to me, that vampire look inspired me a lot. The look was created by nadine labky, which explain why it's unique and the song itself was quite catchy, I listened to other songs by katia, however that look was the one the inspired me the most.


Pale skin, green eyes, heavy smoky eyes and red bloody lips .. better than any twilight stuff. The great thing about her was her attitude all of the video, she was done with the guy, not only the lyrics said that, but her attitude and facial expressions. In the days I thought I would do that when i breakup with a guy.


The black outfits had a major impact on my clothing, any gothic outfit had been a worship for me these days, I still have a thing for them till now and her hair was just a blast for me, so wavy and free, it still inspires me.

Shakira


I didn't know what the hell was shakira swimming/dancing in but i sure as hell loved it. The black minimal outfit she had on was for me such an inspiration and her dancing moves, of course that hot Alejandro guy was an inspiration as well.


Ripped stockings, Long blond/black hair and ripped black dress, that was my idea of sexy. I actually would dance in front of the TV on Shakira songs and I actually bought one of these "dirty" jeans she started.


Her gypsy outfits, her long wavy hair and the tiny braids in her hair were always an inspiration. I used to makes tiny braids in my hair and my friends' hair just because I was so fascinated by her style.

Mean Girls


I wanted to be one of them, as mean and crazy as the movie was, I wanted to grow up; go to high school and dress in short skimpy outfits, look all fab and make guys chase me. I remember actually I bought Teenstuff magazine back then and it had a poster of the map of the school in mean girls I had the poster in my room.


For me Rachel McAdams or Regina George was the star not Lindsay. I hated her, but I loved her. I loved that she was such a teenage princess, with everything always pink, fierce and fab.


We didn't celebrate Halloween, but I loved their Halloween customs, I wanted one of them. Later I got the mini ears and  I would wear them with a short dress and pretend to be a mouse. I loved that latex outfit by Gretchen Wiener.

Christina Aguilera


Who didn't switch the channel when Christina Aguilera was on TV and their mom was in the room, I know I did. I also wanted these pair of jeans so bad, that I saw some girl I didn't like so much wearing something close to it and I actually went to ask her where can I get it!!




The piercings were my dream, it was impossible to get my parents to go on with it. I was crazy about the tan, the smoky eyes and the hair that looks like it wasn't been washed in ages. Christina was the reason I bought my first lipgloss, I wanted lips like these, and I would get stick on charms and put them on my nose and under my lip to look like her.

Rania Kurdy


This one might not be so known for people, this girl is known more for her role in that 7th sense movie, but for me, I was like why is she keeping her hair short when she looks like this with long hair.

I was crazy about that style, wrapping necklace and arm bracelet was amazing. It was the first time for me to see toe nails and anklets and I loved it. I loved the whole mood of this video and I loved her hair color, I was dreaming for a while to have long red hair.


What I loved and still kind of love was the arabian fantasy and bold colors, pure blue or pure dark red.

JLo

Cause my hair looked exactly like this, kinda still does, I related to JLo, was the first dancer I saw on TV who wasn't skinny and still looked amazing, I was crazy about the over sized sweatshirt and the knee high socks.


Am I crazy? I still want this look with the fur hat and everything, maybe not the bug hoop earrings, but this is still a fantastic ageless look. I loved it and the tan was perfect.


Other than the fact that she doesn't age, cause this was 13 years ago, I used to LOVE that song. Her look is still ageless, I loved the nails, of course I couldn't achieve them cause I bit my nails back them. I loved her dancing moves and I still love that peach bra.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S girls


The 90's and early 2000's were marked down by these girls, they were the hottest thing around, I loved the sitcom so much and I was in love with their style, they might now seem average, but for me they were amazing.


To be honest my favorite one was always Rachel, she was so cute. I loved her fashion evolution, starting with the cute shorts, jumpsuits and short waitress apron and ending up with pencil skirts. and That hair.


I wanted Rachel hair, Phoebe's crazy accessories, all these rings and the necklaces and Monica's legs.

Hala Sheeha


She's an average girl, she was the girl next door for Egypt, for me she was a style icon. I loved her minimalistic approach, was hard to find in Egyptian icons and still is, of course at the time I just called it simple and stylish cause I had no idea what minimalism is.


I seriously had a thing for this outfit, I would still wear it, simple stripped tank top paired with jeans and hair braids. I had a thing for this neutral makeup with a little bit of dark around the eyes, still was a huge different approach than Egyptian actresses.


Hair, necklace and green dress, I wished to grow up, go to a wedding and get that dazzling look -that's what I had in mind back then-.

Anastacia


Now I would think, why can't she wear a bra that's her size, but back then I thought Wow she's so hot. Still respect for the toned flat abs, layering necklaces, I loved the sunglasses, but now not so much.


That video I loved because of the fur, the sunglasses and the funky hair do, I am still in love with the funky hair do and still quite an inspiration to me, I let go of the fact that I wanted to be blond like her.


When she turned more simple and less edge, she tried at least, I still loved it. I loved that top, I still love it but not crazy about it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More