Featured

Saturday 9 February 2013

Shocking shampoo discovery << important >>


If you're reading this and you didn't know that shampoo can be bad then get ready to be surprised.Or you probably have heard how bad shampoo can be to one's hair and mostly people tell you that every shampoo is the same and nothing is really different.
I am always wondering why? And How can the one thing we all use regularly be bad for us?
So being the curious cat I am, I researched the fact and what I found out was so scary.


Grab into your seats ladies, or whoever is reading this ... one of the main ingredients of almost all shampoos is “Sulfates” which is mostly referred to in the shampoo ingredients as "sodium laureth sulfate" (SLS) or "ammonia laureth sulfate" (ALS). That SLS or ALS thing is a chemical that is used in the cleaning detergents for the kitchen; now imagine that the chemicals that can clean the greases from your plates or floor are going into your hair. Take a deep breath and let's discuss it; what can clean off all the dirt off the kitchen floors can clean off everything off your hair, everything as in even the natural oils that your scalp produces to nurture your hair. So basically we have been destroying our hair stripping it all it's natural goodies with our own hands!
I felt so betrayed that all the shampoo companies tell us how good their shampoos are when it actually has this quick cleaning quick cash destroying chemical!
The worst is yet to come, The Washington State Department of Ecology actually has classified SLS as a toxic chemical, it's that bad and actually some states in the US are pushing the citizens to stop using SLS as it may cause irritation to the skin eventually. 
The alternatives can be making your own shampoo, using home made natural soap "Nabolsi for example" or looking for sulfate-free shampoo.
So I made a little research and I discovered that these stuff exists. This is supposed to be the less bad stuff, No sulfate = Less damage to your hair, I actually found out that we should ignore the fact that there will be no foam produced; still ignore that, just focus on your scalp massage it well and it will do it's magic. 
I found lists of sulfate free shampoos, most of the brands like "Bed Head" , "Aubery Organics" and "Pureology" .
And since we live in a country that doesn't give a flying banana about our hair, all these are brands that aren't available in Egypt. I went to the only place I could think of that can care about hair "The body shop", even there I found only one shampoo that is sulfate free. It's call "Rainforest moisture" I just got the shampoo and the conditioner. 
Like the expert I am, I actually read the review of the shampoo and the conditioner after I got home from the mall, some reviews were so good and some weren't so good. I decided here is to trying a new product, I am sure it's not gonna be near as bad as the sulfate I have been putting into my hair for the last 21 years. It's supposed to be free of any colorants, silicons and parabens. If you are wondering what are these, parabens are chemicals that is found in shampoos as well that is there to fight any bacteria, it's antibiotic, it gets to your system and it has been related to breast cancer, so that's a bad chemical avoided. Colorants, any artificial dye. Silicons are in shampoos because it helps control frizz, however they coat your hair and prevent oils from feeding your hair, another evil chemical avoided. Supposedly this "Rainforest moisture" is a mix of pracaxi and manketti nut oil with community trade honey. Most of the people who gave it a bad review complained about how over powering the smell is and that it weighs the hair down, some said that it didn't do the moisture it supposed to do. I will give a review about it after I start using it and once I am at least half way past the bottle so I would give it a chance to try reviving what I have ruined the last 21 years.

The Shampoo bottle is @ 65 EGP and the Conditioner bottle is also @ 65 EGP, Each of them are 12M.

2 comments:

waiting on ur next post to know about the shampoo :D

I just got back from the gym and I am having my first try :D

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More