Featured

Friday 2 August 2013

Current Makeup Obsessions

The article is not just about me, it's about whoever reads this. If you read it, you will know why I am in love with these now and why you can consider loving it too. I have already shared some of my wardrobe obsessions, that was in march I guess. I have the same thing with beauty products. My obsessions sometimes are season based and sometimes are just more essentials I add to my style. Share your personal beauty obsessions in comments or email them to me 

Berry lips
I remember in the 90's when I used to see women wearing dark lipstick and dark lip liner (total mistake if the lipstick is light, it looks like a mustache). In the 2000's we all moved to light lipsticks and lip-glosses, then the red came back then neon colors came up. The berry lips look is making some appearance this summer and I predict it will be a hit by next fall. Why I love it because it gives a dramatic look. The berry lips look is achieved through a berry lipstick and a slightly darker lip-liner. Wear it with neutral eyes. This look if done with a dress or skirt and heels, instant sophistication. If done with denim/leather jacket and pants, instant bad-ass look. 



Tinted Moisturizer
I have been raving about this for a while, and I am actually using it. tinted moisturizers is sort of a sheer version of foundation. It's best for the summer because it has SPF. I recommend wearing tinted moisturizers to the beach, BBQ or a day out for this natural look while protection from the sun as well. It has sheer coverage, so don't depend of blemishes coverage in here. Why love it? giving an effortless no make up look.

Winged eyeliner
Probably everybody you know and even you are doing it right now. The winged eyeliner has been around for a while with different styles. From think dramatic to pin-up and simple lines. Usually when there is something main stream I avoid it completely; however what I like about this, is that it has different style and can go with so many looks. Why I love it? It has so many diverse options, what I do mostly either neutral one colored eye-shadow with a medium thick line or earthy shimmery tones with a thinner liner. I am using cream eyeliner with a brush for a long lasting look. If you are beginner, use a pen one it's easier.

Blotting Paper
I was surprised so many people knew nothing about Blotting paper. It's basically very thin papers that are covered with Blotting powder. Oily skin? then you need this. You know when your makeup is on and you start noticing shine on your oily parts -My nose and some of my forehead in my case-. You won't be able to wash your face and putting any kind of wipes or tissues will ruin your makeup. Just press a blotting paper on the shine area and poof gone. Why I love it? when I look at the paper I see the dots of oil on the paper and my nose is matte again. 


Spray foundation
Dior started it with the "perfect" airbrush spray foundation, then MAC and the rest of the gang paid attention. Basically it's foundation in a spray bottle. Like any spray, you shake it well and spray it on your face -avoid getting it in your eyes- then you start blending it in with your foundation brush. One good thing about it, is that blending it with fingers gives good results as well. One bad thing about it, is that you're always scared it will get in your eyes. Why I love it? it sprays the perfect amount, and the studio airbrush finish is so damn beautiful. 

Clear brow gel
I have raved about this before and now it's officially an obsession. Girls who have defined dark brows like myself or girls who have lighter brows both need to have a pair of shaped brows. Brow gel does the job, the tinted one I must say is not my cup of tea as I have jet black brows, the clear one is like perfect for any color and doesn't look fake or overwhelming. Why I love it? your eyebrow hair will love look thicker, more defined and won't move from it's place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More