Featured

Thursday 4 April 2013

Dry / Frizzy hair guru challenge

So it's another post with a challenge with the Lovely Hadeer Taha from Tamara's Blue jeans Blog, as you know if you like something more than the other just comment below. This time it's amazing because it's our favorite topic ... HAIR! Let's face it we're a curly country, with these genes and this weather; frizz and dryness are our usual monsters under the bed. A guru is a person who knows everything about something; all the secrets, tips and trick; over the years of having curly hair I have had a long journey of searching and experimenting. I consider myself a bit of a curly hair guru and what a kind guru does is share her secrets with the world so we can live in a peaceful frizz free world ...

Clean hair = Happy Hair

Secret #1
I wash my hair at least twice a week; you've probably heard the myth of don't wash your hair often so you can let your natural oil flow around a little bit, that's because shampoo that have sulfate will strip these oils away, so I use Sulfate free shampoo, here is Why? and Rainforest moisture shampoo tested. Cleaning your hair often while still maintaining natural oil goodness will keep your hair clean and lessen your frizz.
Secret#2
This is a double win actually if you're suffering from dandruff as well. When I wash my hair I rinse with applying some Apple cider vinegar evenly on my scalp and my hair then massage the scalp to get that blood flowing and let the fossils moving. Apple cider vinegar has a low PH level which balances your scalp, it works on cleaning your scalp from fungus and dandruff. The PH level also trims frizz on your curls and adds shine to your hair.

(Key word) Condition

Secret #3
I don't use a leave in conditioner, I don't know why actually it might be a good idea to explore it and tell you guys more about it. I leave some of my organic sulfate free conditioner in my hair after washing. Meaning after I put conditioner on my hair and wait the appropriate 5-10 minutes, I do half a rinse as in I wash it but not strongly rinse all the conditioner out; that makes my hair more soft and less frizzy.
Secret#4
Deep conditioning is very important as well, I do a hot oil treatment on my hair once of twice a month. My oil mixture includes quarter a cup of castor oil, half a cup of hot coconut oil and half a cup of tee tree oil. The castor oil is for elongating hair, however it's a really heavy oil, that's why you need to use a smaller amount of it; adding coconut oil dilutes the castor oil; coconut oil locks moisture into hair therefore it eliminate split ends and trims frizz , tea tree oil is good for dandruff treatment, you can also add some Agran oil for hair shine. Put your shower cap and stay as long as you can from one hour to even 12 hours, you can sleep with it on your head if you want.

Going through your hair

Secret #6
I am sorry girl, but our days of brushing our long beautiful hair with a shiny brush ain't gonna happen. We comb our hair; using wide toothed wooden comb. Make sure to always clean and sterilize your comb. You've probably heard the myth that you should comb your hair when it's dry; No it make your split ends crazy and it make you lose a lot, combing wet hair is also stupid cause your scalp pores are open and weak, you lose hair. Simply spray water on your hair just to get a damp effect and comb from the ends to the top.
Secret#7
Whenever you get some complicated tangles and knots in your hair, don't go all ninja on that poor knot with your comb. Simply start detangling your knot with your fingers. It's a good thing to do that as well often when you feel there are some knots in your hair just to avoid building up knots that will make the combing time much easier and you will lose much less hair.

Secret#8
Use a micro fiber towel, if you can't find it as always because we're in Egypt where nobody ever cares about your hair. I use a t-shirt of a short night gown to avoid fraction between fabric and my hair. After I dry my hair, while it's still damp I let it air dry, the humid would trim that frizz girl; if you're in a hurry use your blow dryer on cold level.

Sleeping beauty

Secret#9
That's good as well if you're a Hijabi girl, cover your hair with silk scarf, when I want to cover my hair or sleep I wear a silk scarf. The fibers are micro in silk which means that there will be no much fraction between your hair and the fabric which will eliminate frizz and split end. If you don't like covering your head while sleeping you can just get some silk pillow cases which does the same thing, however it might be a tat expensive.
Secret#10

This can happen if you're sleeping or you're just in lounging around the house or even just getting a workout. Braiding your hair or rolling your hair, I mix rolling with braiding with 2 quiffs only; which is much easier to make and untangle; it will give more defined curls in the morning.

Trips to the salon

Secret #11
In order to kill these nasty split ends; you have to face it; you can only elimnate split ends or decreasing it's growth rate, however once you've got split ends there is no magical shampoo or pill that will kill them, you cut them. When your split ends are left more than 2 months they climb up your hair causing frizz and hair loss. Visit the salon every 6 weeks and cut your split end and only your split ends.
Secret #12

I know it's hard and it might seem impossible; I know ... this needs a hug *virtual hug*. You need to use minimal heat on it. I straighten it once a month with a ceramic hair straighter, I might blow dry it once or twice a month; medium heat only and I try eliminate that as well from my routine.

Stop these

Secret#13
Serums don't work with me, they just don't work; my hair is left greasy and sticky which. If your hair is sticky of course it has zero frizz and zero chances of going out like that as well. I never tried heat protection serums; I wonder what will it be able to do; however I am happy without it so I might not know ever.
Secret#14
In 2010 it started, my blond ambition; I wanted to have golden Beyonce hair ... so BANG orange hair. in 2011 I started having seriously light hair it looked really fake which I discovered while looking at my New Year's eve 2011/2012 pictures. My decision in 2012 was another dream; I switched my dream to being a red head then, I went back to Light brown stuff, then I decided to go BLACK. Anyway I haven't put a color in my hair for 6 months now. Coloring dry out your hair no matter what they say in the commercial and it also gives your split ends; wear your natural color proud girly.

Permanent and Temporary

Secret#15
Remember that Perm or relaxer you were thinking of when you were 12 years old... just thank god you didn't put that chemical hazard in your hair; it dries the scalp and burn it bad; also it strips protein out of your hair. Now there is a not so new sheriff in town, This is not much of a secret but Keratin actually trims your frizz, it's controversial I know, even I have been thinking of it for 8 months or a year now and I can't make my mind up. There will be a post about that soon, Now you either lose your curls for 3 to 5 months with formaldehyde which we've heard a lot about it's problems and risks, maybe myths maybe truth; my investigation is still on.  The problem with straight hair for 5 months is ... I will miss my curls cause I am moody sometimes I want curls sometime I don't, there is a formaldehyde free Keratin which keeps your curls, however kill that frizz and that my friend is a permanent solution at least for 3 to 5 months.

I really hope that these secrets are beneficial for you; the most important thing to be said is enjoy your curly hair and have fun with it. Style your curly hair, put cute accessories in it and Enjoy it. Protection and maintenance is very important and it will make you even wear your curly crown with more proud cause you're a beautiful princess.

1 comments:

3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More