Featured

Thursday 4 July 2013

ELF Mineral Primer, ELF Tinted Moisturizer and ELF studio cream eyeliner collective review

Hey Ladies, welcome back to my blog. I discovered ELF “Eye, Lips and Face” brand a while ago, I was amazed with the cheap prices and fairly good reviews on the internet from actual users. Rumor has it; ELF opened a booth in Egypt in Mall of Arabia. Being the lazy bum I am I thought of ordering it online through a Facebook page and getting it delivered to my house would be much easier. The experience wasn’t the best and wasn’t really the worst I have had, I am not giving a review on it because of that, let’s just say next time I will be flying to Mall of Arabia. Also excuse the fact that pictures are not mine, my camera is going crazy at the moment.
Let’s start with the primer. I got the transparent studio mineral primer, the packaging is good and it’s a pumping bottle with clear head cover. It has a typical primer feeling against your skin. It really holds the foundation and concealer making it look fresh for hours. I am really happy with the fact that it prevents minimize the pores under your makeup.  The primer is quality is very fair against the price. I had a concern that I faced this morning when I was putting on my makeup for work, which happens whenever a product in a pumping bottle starts to be done. The packaging looks huge and you feel like you have this entire amount, then you find it not really pumping. I opened it and guess what I found out that it’s only a tiny tube that holds that actual primer, so definitely not a repurchase.
The first thing that surprised me about this tinted moisturizer is how small it is. The packaging is seriously small, however divine. The instructions say to use a pearl size drop and that’s supposed to be enough for your face and neck. Frankly I use 2 pearls, maybe I have a big face or I like more of the product. Tinted moisturizer is known for a sheer effect more than coverage for dark areas or blemishes and that’s exactly what it does. It has a more natural finish and it gives a sun protection with SPF 15. I have got mine in the shade honey, and it’s really close to my complexion color. ELF tinted moisturizer is great for oily skin even when I use it without a primer it still great. I would recommend it for the summer, whoever it enjoying beach or pool and would like a sexy natural look with no sum harm can certainly make use of this product.
 The studio cream eyeliner comes in an elegant transparent tiny jar and a tiny eyeliner brush. The brush isn’t 100% useless; however it’s not the best brush to achieve a perfect line. Since the brush doesn’t shred I use it when I want to apply eye shadow in smaller areas like the tear dot or the corners of my eyelids, sometimes when I want to have a thick eyeliner line I use it. The eyeliner itself doesn’t come off, by the end of the day I look at my eyes and I am like damn I don’t want to remove it looking so fresh. I got mine in simple black, when it comes to eyeliner I am a classic kind of girl so no shimmery black eyeliner for me. The eyeliner isn’t liquid so it doesn’t print on the eyelids, however it does leave a blur dark shadow on the eye crease after a long time on. Maybe it’s best for colder weather.  I would say I wouldn’t stop using it with darker eye shadow colors; however I am still in search for the perfect eyeliner and the perfect eyeliner brush/ applicator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More